There is always a way to get involved
Volunteers are absolutely essential to the operation of all of our rugby league activity, and we’re always on the lookout for new volunteers!
Whether you’re a seasoned rugby league fan, have just discovered the sport, or are looking to develop your professional skills- there is always a way to get involved. If you’d like to volunteer with Rugby League, there are lots of different opportunities and roles available.
If you’re brand new to rugby league and are looking for a way to get involved there are a number of ways to make it happen.
Steps to joining the rugby league family:
- Think about why you want to be involved in rugby league and what specific roles you might be interested in. Whether that be coaching or officiating, supporting events, or helping around your local club. This will help you know where to look and what questions to ask!
- Consider the specifics: how much time would you like to contribute? How far would you be able to travel? Would you like to volunteer regularly or at one-off events?
- Once you have a good idea of where, why, and how you want to volunteer there are several options for next steps:
- Contact your local Rugby League community club via phone or email using our Find a Club tool, to ask if they currently need any additional support
- If you have a local Betfred Super League team, or foundation you could also contact them to ask if they need any support. Contact details can be found on the club websites.
- If you are interested in volunteering at RFL events on a one-off basis, fill in this form (link) to join our opportunities mailing list, and we will get in touch whenever we need support at an even
- Enjoy the fantastic benefits and opportunities that come with being a part of the family!
Community rugby league clubs are always looking for new volunteers to help support them. Community clubs require a large number of different people, in different roles to ensure they run smoothly. These roles might include:
- Committee members: responsible for the strategic direction and management of the club
- Coaches: find out more here
- Officials: find out more here
- Marketing & communications: responsible for overseeing social media, website content, and producing content to advertise and celebrate club achievements
- Groundskeepers: responsible for keeping pitches in tip-top condition
- Fundraising & events: responsible for arranging club events and fundraisers
- Team managers: responsible for looking after different teams within
- General support: people to help on match-day, organise refreshments, and generally ensure that the clubs day-to-day activities are met
There are all kinds of roles available, so whatever your skill or interest, we’re sure that you can be accommodated.
The RFL team helps organise numerous events throughout the year across different, areas and functions. If you would like to help out on an ad-hoc basis, supporting at these events then RFL volunteering is a great choice for you!
Different events may require different sorts of support, but for the most part all you’ll need is a positive attitude and a willingness to get stuck in.
Please fill in this form to register your interest and the RFL team will be in touch when they have any upcoming events which they may need support at.